Wednesday, February 16, 2011


The first thing we did as a group was brainstorming ideas for our subject. After some failed ideas, Daniel proposed that we did something related to poaching or illegal hunting. We concurred that the topic was a good one; the statistics and graphs suited Jen and Daniel’s physics experiences, and all the connotations to biodiversity juxtaposed with my biology strengths. After narrowing down the subject to elephants specifically, we split up research and contacted professors. We have the opinions of two of them in our presentation.

The results of our research are general information on poaching, detailed statistics, a set of new laws to prevent elephant poaching in Africa and to constrain the international ivory market, and research on the effect declining elephant populations have on African biodiversity. We also have some professional insight on the issue, despite being unable to reach the majority of our planned international contacts.

No comments:

Post a Comment